This course provides trainees with the theory, knowledge and practical aspects of the certificate required for competency in Vehicle Loading Cranes.
Training will be conducted in accordance with the following:
- AS2550.1, AS2550.5, the National Standard for Persons Performing High Risk Work and the WA Act and regulations as required by Worksafe WA.
- Training is conducted in accordance with the standards for RTO’S 2015. Assessment Guidelines of the above Unit of Competence are from the Transport and Logistics training package – TL10
Written theory, knowledge and practical assessment will be conducted to achieve the following:
- National High Risk Work Licence to be issued by Worksafe Western Australia.
- A Statement of Attainment will also be issued to the successful applicants who complete the assessment requirements of the Unit of Competence by NWTIS
NOTE: Practical assessment can only be completed once logged hours have been accrued.
CB – 20 hours
Principles of duty of care, WA Act and regulations, Shut down of crane, Operators responsibilities, Pre-operational checks, Safe operation of crane, Hazard awareness, Lifting gear and ratings, Load assessment
Crane stability and strength, Load ratings, Slinging and securing loads, Hand and whistle signals and Essential calculations & math.
- Sling card, Whistle, Calculator – for duration of the course
- Book Instruments – National Assessment Instrument
Work boots, Gloves, Safety Glasses, Hard hat, Shirt (hi-vis/no singlets), shorts/pants, Sun Screen and a Drink Bottle
4 x 8 hour days for up to 8 persons (theory), 5th day for practical assessments as arranged.
(Practical assessment not included in course fees if outside of Karratha).
Participants MUST have a current Dogging HRWL.
If you believe you have any special needs, (numerically, literacy, reading, language, mental health & physical disabilities) alternate arrangements can be negotiated with NWTIS to accommodate. Please let us know either in advance.
NWTIS require trainees to have practical experience in the form of a written log book or documented evidence prior to completing practical assessment. It is recommended that trainees have at least 20 hours operating experience. NWTIS can provide a log book on payment of deposit for the course.
Courses (theory only) are conducted at NWTIS premises or an alternative location can be arranged at client’s request. Price may alter depending on location.