Licence to Perform Rigging Course – Basic Level
We are the go-to training institution for the north of Western Australia. The Licence to Perform Rigging courses are conducted at our premises in Lambert Road Karratha. Courses can be conducted on site, however all equipment and materials will need to be available or mobilised to meet the training/assessment requirements.
Training will be conducted in accordance with the following:
- Relevant Australian Standards, the National Standard for Persons Performing High Risk Work and the WA Act and regulations as required by Worksafe WA.
- Training is conducted in accordance with the standards for RTO’S 2015. Assessment Guidelines of the above Unit of Competence are from the Transport and Logistics training package – TL10.
- This course provides trainees with the theory, knowledge and practical aspects of the certificate required for competency in Rigging operations.
Written theory, knowledge and practical assessment will be conducted to achieve the following: National High Risk Work Licence to be issued by Worksafe WA. A Statement of Attainment will also be issued by NWTIS.
The Licence to Perform Rigging Basic course includes:
- Steel erection, Splicing, bends and hitches, Particular hoists, Pre cast Concrete, Safety nets & static lines, Mast Climbers, Perimeter screens & shutters, Cantilevered crane loading platforms
The Licence to Perform Rigging Intermediate course includes:
- Dual lifts, erection of tower cranes and lattice boom cranes, rigging work, tilt panel and demolition
The Licence to Perform Rigging Advanced course includes:
Hung scaffold, Gin poles, swing stages and span ropes as well as other advanced rigging work
Safety glasses, work boots, hard hat, gloves and appropriate clothing is required for the duration of the course.
5 x 8 hour days for up to 8 persons each class
Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Hold a dogging licence for basic rigging:
Hold a Basic rigging licence for intermediate Rigging
Hold a Intermediate Rigging licence for Advanced Rigging
Able to perform work at height, medium to high numeracy skills
Courses are conducted at NWTIS premises